With state-of-the-art surgical equipment, innovative methods - practices, highly and constantly trained scientific personnel, the Surgical Sector of the private clinic Doctors’ General Clinic in Athens has all the required departments for the effective management of any surgical procedure. Our exceptional building infrastructure includes, among others, 4 modern operating rooms and a resuscitation room, where the patient is awakened from sedation with the appropriate music, under optimal conditions.
Furthermore, the exquisite scientific training of the scientific personnel, their meticulous commitment to patients’ hygiene and safety, and the methodical preparation of all surgical operations, ensure the excellent performance of Doctors’ General Clinic (maybe the best in Greece) when considering the prevention of in-hospital infections.
In Doctors’ General Clinic, that is on duty 24-hours a day, seven days a week, we perform everyday many surgical operations, such as:
Doctors’ General Clinic has a fully equipped and well-staffed breast clinic in Athens, with scientists that are up-to-date with all new international developments on breast cancer. According to reliable international statistics, each year 1.38 million new cases of breast cancer are identified, while the number of deaths reaches 458,000. In Greece, 5,000 women discover that they have breast cancer each year. At the same time, it is known that patients survival rates have doubled in the last years, if the disease is diagnosed promptly. This is why it is suggested that all women above 20 years old should examine their breasts once a month. Nevertheless, regular mammograms are the best way to diagnose a mass early.
Laboratory examinations offered by Doctors’ General Clinic Breast Clinic are:
- Digital Mammography (45% less radiation than analogue mammography)
- Breast Ultrasound (supplementary examination of mammography)
- Breast Elastography
- Mammotome biopsy and tissue examination
- Fine needle and core biopsy with modern ultrasound and cytological or histological test of the contents
- Genetic testing for women with aggravated family history
Plastic & Reconstructive surgery
Athens Doctors’ General Clinic Plastic Surgery Department is staffed by experienced plastic surgeons, who are constantly trained in Greece and abroad, while it has modern equipment so as to offer all types of surgical operations in the field of Plastic Surgery.
In particular, Doctors’ General Clinic large team of experienced plastic surgeons deals with:
- Aesthetic surgery operations: Face lift, rhinoplasty, otoplasty, blepharoplasty, breast augmentation, breast lift, breast reduction, abdominoplasty, liposuction
- Reconstructive plastic surgery: skin tumours, skin and soft tissue defects, breast reconstruction after mastectomy, microsurgical procedures
- restoration of problems occurring after significant weight loss: breast lift, leg lift, buttock lift, brachinoplasty, abdominoplasty.
In addition, Doctors’ General Clinic Plastic Surgery Department performs:
- Botox treatments
- Sclerotherapy injections for the treatment of spider veins
- Laser treatments (hair removal, skin spots, pigmented lesions, spider veins, wrinkles, tattoos)
- Skin tightening treatments with radiofrequency devices
In Doctors’ General Clinic, obesity is not a disadvantage concerning the appearance, but a multifactorial health problem. Our philosophy is that the desired results can only be achieved through the combination of healthcare services provision with the high sense of responsibility of the medical and nursing staff. Doctor’ Hospital Surgical Department for Obesity offers permanent solution for any case of obesity, through its internationally-applied methods, such as:
- Gastric placation
- Gastric band
- Sleeve gastrectomy
- Gastric bypass
All operations are performed using laparoscopy, thus eliminating post-operative pain and offering the optimal aesthetic result, while minimising the hospitalisation and recovery time.
Doctors’ General Clinic Bariatric Surgery Department is staffed by surgeons experienced in obesity, certified by the International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders – IFSO.
Collaborative scientific approach for obesity
Similarly to the larger obesity centres worldwide, Doctors’ General Clinic’s approach for obesity is collaborative, both before and after the surgery. A team of doctors-partners, including internist, endocrinologist, dietician, cardiologist, surgeon and anaesthesiologist, focuses on each patient. In addition, the provision of psychological support for the patient in all stages of treatment and recovery is of utmost importance.
Doctors’ General Clinic Urology Department is staffed by highly trained, recognised and experienced urology surgeons, which is the reason why it can manage all aspects of urological conditions’ diagnosis and treatment, in both men and women, as well as the genital system in men, in fully equipped operating rooms, using the most modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods. Our equipment, consisting of state-of-the-art cysteroscopes, ureteroscopes, and lasers allow us to manage all types of urological conditions (prostate hypertrophy, ureter / kidney stones, etc.) using minimally invasive methods.
Briefly, Doctors’ General Clinic Urology Department consists of the following units:
- General Urology
- Laparoscopic Urology
- Urological Oncology
- Stones and Endourology
- Laser-assisted Urology
- Gynaecological Urology
The Gynaecology Department of Doctors’ General Clinic, located at the centre of Athens, is fully equipped with state-of-the-art equipment for both the diagnostic and the therapeutic sector, and well staffed by specialised and constantly trained scientific personnel, so that to fully meet the needs and requirements of modern gynaecology.
The modern technology that we have allow us to conduct specialised exams and apply therapeutic approaches like the following:
- Thin prep, HPV DNA (human papilloma virus test with molecular methods)
- Ultrasound hysterosalpingography
- Measurement of uterine vascular resistances in infertility
- Tests of ovulation and follicular development
This technological competence in combination with our specialised and continuous training allow us to responsibly and effectively deal with a range of problems related to the good health and fertility of modern women.
The Gynaecology Department of the private clinic Doctors’ General Clinic includes the following sectors:
- Investigation of Infertility and Family Planning
- Surgical Gynaecology (Laparoscopic Surgery – Robotic Surgery)
- Cervical Pathology
- Adolescent & Gynaecological Endocrinology
- Endocrinology of Menopause
- Gynaecological Oncology
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Consulting & Annual Preventive Screening
- External Genitalia Pathology
Neurosurgery is a particularly fine medical specialty focusing on the diagnosis and clinical or surgical treatment of disorders and conditions related to the human nervous system, the brain, spine, and peripheral nerves. Athens Doctors’ General Clinic has a perfectly reliable Neurosurgery Department that effectively manages all these problems.
In particular, our model private clinic with its up-to-date scientific expertise and methodology can deal with the following:
Conditions of the Lumbar and Cervical Spine
- Lumbar spinal stenosis
- Degenerative lumbar lesions
- Spine tumours
- Spine fractures
- Juvenile cervical spine – Instability
- Cervical spine disc herniation
- Intracranial tumours
- Examination and management of cerebrospinal fluid circulation disorders (hydrocephalus)
- Craniocerebral injuries involving acute or chronic lesions
- Subdural haematomas
Minimally Invasive surgical methods for the Spine
- MIS Lumbar Discectomy
- MIS XLIF (extreme lateral interbody fusion)
- MIS TLIF (transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion)
- Transdermal kyphoplasty
- Transdermal vertebroplasty
It is worth mentioning that Doctors’ General Clinic is one of the first private clinic in Greece that implemented the innovative spine endoscopy technique with the TESSYS method of Joimax Gmb.
Doctors’ General Clinic, which is on duty 24 hours a day seven days a week, has a specialised and perfectly reliable Sports Injury Clinic, staffed with physicians and personnel with great experience in sports medicine, and equipped with the most modern diagnostic and rehabilitation equipment. This is why it can offer reliable solutions, allowing quick rehabilitation and resuming everyday activities, both among professional athletes and for all patients. Sports medicine focuses on the prevention (each athlete may be vulnerable to a certain type of injuries), treatment and complete restoration, taking into account each athlete’s age, gender, and body type.
Accidents, less or more serious, may occur among professional and amateur athletes or any other person exercising regularly. In all cases, speed, accuracy and the success of rehabilitation play a crucial role. Doctors’ General Clinic Sports Injury Clinic offers solution of both conservative and surgical management for problems, such as:
- Fractures and dislocations
- Haematomas, sprains
- Muscle strain
- Injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, knee, ankle, etc.
- Abdominal-adductor syndrome
- Overuse syndromes
- Plantar fasciitis
- Compartment syndrome
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger finger, stenosing
- Tenosynovitis, (De Quervain’s)
- Epicondylitis (golfer’s elbow and tennis elbow)
- Morton’s neuroma
- Hallux valgus
- Knee, shoulder and ankle arthroscopy
- Achilles tendon, quadriceps tendon rupture
- Meniscus rupture
- Arthroscopic Surgery
- Meniscectomy and meniscus rupture repair
- Restoration of cartilage lesions of the knee, shoulder and ankle
- Anterior & posterior cruciate ligament repair
- Management of traumatic or recurrent patellar dislocation
- Bankart repair
- Rotator cuff repair
- Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder
- Acromioclavicular dislocations
Doctors’ General Clinic Anaesthesiology Department, with its ultramodern equipment for monitoring the patient’s vital functions and its modern anaesthesiology devices that
contribute in the early identification and management of complications, making surgeries’ outcomes safer, responds perfectly to modern medicine’s high demands.
The anaesthesiologists of this department provide support to the doctors of other specialties when conducting exams and interventions, and are responsible to manage emergency cases.
Doctors’ General Clinic Anaesthesiology Department deals with:
- patients’ pre-operational evaluation and preparation
- intraoperative anaesthesia
- vital functions monitoring
- patients’ awakening
- and their post-operative care
Athens Doctors’ General Clinic Otolaryngology-ENT Department diagnoses and treats (through conservative or surgical methods) a wide range of conditions of the ears, the nose and the larynx, as well as the head and neck in general.
The ENT outpatient clinic includes the following Departments:
- Otology – Audiology (Ear disorders examination, hearing testing, Tympanometry / Auditory reflex testing, tinnitus / vertigo testing)
- Rhinology: Nose and paranasal sinuses conditions testing (smell disorders’ testing, nasal breathing difficulties, nasal polyps, etc.)
- Laryngological / Phoniatric: Examines problems with the larynx and the voice.
- Endoscopic: Assisted by modern endoscopes and an imaging system, difficult to reach areas of the upper respiratory and digestive systems can be examined.
- Snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome department
- ENT Allergy Department
- Face aesthetic surgery department featuring a modern computer-based face-processing programme (concurrent functional and aesthetic rhinoplasty, otoplasty, reconstructive rhinoplasty, BOTOX – hyaluronic acid treatments, etc.).
- Head and Neck Surgical Department
- Department of diving medicine (diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to free and autonomous scuba diving)
- Surgical sector : In the private clinic Doctors’ General Clinic we have fully and constantly trained personnel, and together with the state-of-the-art technology used, we can ensure successful surgical treatment of benign and malignant conditions of the head and neck.
Κλείστε ραντεβού για τις Ειδικότητες και τους Ιατρούς που επιθυμείτε, συμπληρώνοντας την παρακάτω φόρμα.