The private clinic Doctors’ General Clinic in Athens, which is on duty 24 hours a day seven days a week, has a fully equipped and well-staffed Pathology Unit that focuses on the effective prevention, proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment of patients with general medical problems, multiple conditions or atypical clinical picture with its great expertise, constant training, high sense of responsibility, and human-centred approach. It also performs patients’ pre-operational check so that to ensure the safe conduct of surgical operations, while it schedules the required laboratory tests and determines the suggested treatment regimen. The Internal Medicine Sector takes care of various disorders of the following systems:
Immunology & Infectious Diseases
The Infections Clinic of the private clinic Doctors’ General Clinic, deals with the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of all Internal Medicine cases, both during patient hospitalisation, and after the issuance of the discharge note, through patient follow-up in the Outpatients Department. With its complete scientific training, our experienced personnel, under the responsibility of specialised infection practitioners, focuses on the treatment of both common and special or rare infections in immunodeficient or immunosuppressed patients. Particular emphasis is placed on cases of infections due to multidrug-resistant microbes, after various surgeries (orthopaedic, ENT or gynaecology surgeries).
The Outpatient Clinic for Infections treats:
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Respiratory infections (severe pneumonia, recurrent or specific pathogens, such as tuberculosis)
- Urinary tract infections (recurrent or complicated cystitis, pyelonephritis)
- Post-operative infections
- Bone and joint infections (osteomyelitis or arthritis with or without orthopaedic prosthesis, in patients with diabetes mellitus, etc.)
- Infections of intravascular prostheses (cardiac valves or vascular grafts)
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Genital system infections (mastitis, recurrent vaginitis, acute and chronic prostatitis, etc.)
- Infections of immunosuppressed patients (transplant or oncology patients, chronic use of corticosteroids, treatment with biological agents, etc.)
- Chronic furunculosis, purulent idradenitis, onychomycosis, etc.
- Infections during pregnancy
- Special infections, such as salmonella, brucella, tuberculosis, malaria, leishmaniasis, etc.
- Viral infections, such as influenza, varicella, herpes zoster, infectious mononucleosis, hepatitis, mumps, rubella, measles, parvoviruses, viral gastroenteritis, etc.
- Prolonged or recurrent fever
The private clinic Doctors’ General Clinic at the centre of Athens has established a modern and effective Endocrinology Department, which focuses on the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of endocrine system disorders. The endocrine system (which is responsible for reproduction, metabolism, and extracellular fluid composition control) includes the thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, pancreas, ovaries, testicles, adrenal glands, pituitary gland and hypothalamus. Disorders of this system may harm the heart and vessels, sugar and lipid metabolism, children and adolescents development, men and women reproductive ability, normal menstruation, skin, bones, etc.
The disorders treated by the Endocrinology Department of Doctors’ General Clinic are:
- Thyroid gland disorders
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Metabolic disorders – Obesity
- Calcium Disorders – Osteoporosis
- Menstruation disorders
- Acne – Hirsutism – Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Hypothalamus – Hypophysis – Adrenal glands disorders
- Adolescence-related disorders (early or delayed)
- Physical development disorders (body height)
Doctors’ General Clinic Pulmonary Department is yet another proof of the care provided by our model private clinic according to the international standards. With excellent and particularly advanced technological equipment, specialised pulmonologists with extensive experience in respiratory diseases, together with the highly trained nursing personnel, offer consulting, diagnostic and therapeutic services to patients with pulmonary diseases and other respiratory problems.
The Pulmonary Department manages conditions such as:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Respiratory infections
- Bronchial Asthma
- Sleep Breathing Disorders
- Acute and Chronic Respiratory Failure
- Interstitial Lung Diseases
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Lung Cancer
The range of services offered by Doctors’ General Clinic includes an outpatient department for patients with respiratory problems and hospitalisation of patients with pulmonary problems in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). The laboratories of our private hospital conduct all the required examinations such as:
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Bronchial lavage collection
- Transbronchial biopsy
- Flow volume curve
Doctors’ General Clinic Neurology Department offers personalised high-quality services to patients with neurological conditions, as it has specialised, experienced medical personnel with great scientific training in modern medical methods, focusing both on patient care and on supporting the patient’s relatives. With sound scientific knowledge and high sense of responsibility, Athens Doctors’ General Clinic supports neurological conditions, such as:
- Parkinson disease (hypertonicity, stiffness, head and limb tremor, gait and balance disorders)
- mental functioning disorders and behavioural neurology (memory and concentration disorders, neuropsychological profile and mental performance tests)
- stroke testing (limbs weakness and sensory disturbances)
- epilepsy investigations
- testing for inflammatory disorders of the Central Nervous System
Experienced internists, highly trained nursing personnel and modern technological equipment constitute the three main features of the Internal Medicine Sector of Doctors’ General Clinic, in the centre of Athens. Its mission is the early diagnosis and treatment of any pathological disease. In this framework, it offers a wide range of exams and services, aiming at the comprehensive treatment of all pathological cases according to the international standards, and taking into account the specificity of each medical case, depending on the patient’s history and always with respect towards each person during the hard time of illness.
Doctors’ General Clinic Internal Medicine Sector carries out all relevant examinations allowing the accurate detection of each patient’s problem.
The fully trained, specialised and experienced medical and nursing personnel of the Gastroenterology Department of Athens Doctors’ General Clinic, supported by modern equipment, has the ability to provide reliable and comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of diseases related to the digestive system, in particular the oesophagus, stomach, small and large intestine, liver, bile and pancreas. Endoscopies can be performed using sedation medications, so that to minimise patients’ discomfort, therefore it is advisable to avoid driving when the patient leaves the hospital.
Doctors’ General Clinic Gastroenterology Department carries out the following:
- Wireless capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic treatment for achalasia
- Treatment of vascular dysplasia with Argon Plasma Coagulation
- Diathermocoagulation of warts with APC
- Colonoscopies and large intestine cancer testing
- Removal of large polyps and precancerous lesions of the large intestine, stomach
- Oesophageal disorders
- Hepatic disorders
- Gallbladder disorders
- Pancreas disorders
Κλείστε ραντεβού για τις Ειδικότητες και τους Ιατρούς που επιθυμείτε, συμπληρώνοντας την παρακάτω φόρμα.