Doctors’ General Clinic has a fully equipped and well-staffed breast clinic in Athens, with scientists that are up-to-date with all new international developments on breast cancer. According to reliable international statistics, each year 1.38 million new cases of breast cancer are identified, while the number of deaths reaches 458,000. In Greece, 5,000 women discover that they have breast cancer each year. At the same time, it is known that patients survival rates have doubled in the last years, if the disease is diagnosed promptly. This is why it is suggested that all women above 20 years old should examine their breasts once a month. Nevertheless, regular mammograms are the best way to diagnose a mass early.
Laboratory examinations offered by Doctors’ General Clinic Breast Clinic are:
- Digital Mammography (45% less radiation than analogue mammography)
- Breast Ultrasound (supplementary examination of mammography)
- Breast Elastography
- Mammotome biopsy and tissue examination
- Fine needle and core biopsy with modern ultrasound and cytological or histological test of the contents
- Genetic testing for women with aggravated family history
Diabetes Mellitus and its complications is a condition affecting millions of people worldwide. The disease has two main types, Type I Diabetes mellitus and Type II Diabetes mellitus. In the USA, approximately 14 million persons suffer from diabetes. Among them, 90% has Type II Diabetes Mellitus, and the rest 10% Type Ι. 50% of type II sufferers have not been diagnosed and do not receive any treatment. Diabetes mellitus is the first most common cause of blindness in the ages of 20-75, similarly to the non-traumatic lower limbs amputation.
The main complications of diabetes mellitus, irrespectively of its type, are:
- Diabetic macroangiopathy
- Diabetic microangiopathy
- Diabetic neuropathy
In Doctors’ General Clinic we pay special attention to the prevention of diabetes mellitus complications, offering a comprehensive check-up, including tests for possible predisposition, proposals to improve lifestyle, nutrition and control of all others risk factors. Many of these diagnostic tests are covered by the Greek National Health Service Organisation.
In Doctors’ General Clinic we have established an advanced Andrology Clinic, at the centre of Athens, with specialised and recognised scientists in andrology, equipped with the appropriate devices, so that to manage erectile dysfunction, a problem that does not concern modern man only, but also the couple. Although this problem usually occurs at older ages, some young men, even younger than 30 years old, have problems, such as:
- Premature ejaculation: the most common cause of sexual disorder
- Erectile dysfunction. The correct diagnosis can offer the right treatment to successfully treat this problem.
- Penile prosthesis implantation: the final surgical treatment that permanently solves the problem in men, who are not responding to any medication or maintenance treatment for erectile dysfunction.
- Infertility. Many couples have problems because of the man’s sperm disorders, making childbirth problematic. A series of treatments can significantly assist in improving sperm quality.
The modern Andrology Clinic of Doctors’ General Clinic offers exams, such as:
- Clinical urological/andrological examination: Certain conditions can cause erectile dysfunction that can be managed if the appropriate clinical examination is performed.
- Hormonal testing: Male hormones reductions reduce sexual desire and causes erection problems. A series of blood tests allow overcoming such problems.
- Penile perfusion dysfunction, either in the form of arterial insufficiency or venous outflow, is a very common finding among patients with erection problem. Special x-ray tests, such as triplex of the penile arteries, can lead to the right diagnosis and treatment.
Doctors’ General Clinic, located at the centre of Athens, has a fully equipped and well-staffed Vascular Surgery Department, which is responsible – with the support of the Ultrasound Department and post-operative support of the Intensive Care Unit (where required) – for the diagnosis, examination, and effective management of a wide range of vascular problems, described in detail below. Vascular Surgery is the specialty that deals with peripheral vessels’ conditions (arteries, veins, lymphatic vessels) of the neck, upper and lower limbs, abdomen and partly the thorax. It also combines classical diagnosis and treatment methods with modern high-tech methods. Treatment includes a wide range of conservative, surgical and intravascular methods and techniques. Colour vascular ultrasound (TRIPLEX) is a particularly useful diagnostic tool for all Vascular surgeons when examining peripheral vascular diseases.
The range of vascular problems treated in the Doctors’ General Clinic concerns:
- Arteriosclerotic arterial lesions (e.g. carotids, lower limbs arteries)
- Arterial aneurysm (e.g. ventricular and thoracic aorta)
- Venous insufficiency (varicose veins, venous ulcers)
- Venous thrombosis
- Vascular trauma
Κλείστε ραντεβού για τις Ειδικότητες και τους Ιατρούς που επιθυμείτε, συμπληρώνοντας την παρακάτω φόρμα.